If you plan to undergo surgical operations such as the liposuction procedure, you must prepare yourself for the possible happenings once you continue the said surgery. It is important for you to prepare for a liposuction procedure. Liposuction is a surgical operation that improved the look of the body suffering from adipose pockets. These are common in the abdominal area, hips, thighs, knees, and waist. If you want to get rid of your unwanted fats in these areas, you have to read these guidelines before you undergo the liposuction procedure.
- List all of your queries and discuss it with your surgeon. Make sure you ask all your questions about the post-surgical care or any of your concerns.
- Ask your surgeon what you should expect with the procedure. Do not expect too much.
- Eat a balanced diet although there is no specific diet for you to follow before the intervention.
- Make sure you undergo several blood tests.
- Remove any piercing located in the targeted area with the procedure. You also have to remove any nail polish before you come to the clinic on the surgery day.
- Use antibacterial soap and have a shower or a bath before coming to the medical facility for your intervention.
- Avoid taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication two weeks before the procedure is scheduled. If you couldn’t follow this recommendation, it is important to call your surgeon and let him know as your procedure might be rescheduled.
- If your liposuction will be done under general anesthesia, a period of fasting is required for at least six to eight hours before the intervention is performed.
- Make sure to have someone to pick you up from the clinic and drive you home as you might not be able to do it yourself.
Follow these guidelines to avoid any complication. If you want to achieve better results, coordinate with your surgeon and make sure to ask all your queries.