Mini Tummy Tuck:Procedure and Recovery
A partial (or mini) abdominoplasty proceeds as follows:
- A smaller opening is made.
- The skin and fat of the lower tummyisisolated in a more limited fashion from the muscle frontage. The skin is stretched down and extra skin removed.
- Sometimes the belly button stalk is divided from the muscle below and the belly button slid down lower on the abdominal wall.
- Sometimes a portion of the stomach muscle front wall is tightened.
- Liposuction is often used to contour.
- The flap is sewed back into place.
- Depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), and other factors. Can take up to four weeks, during which patients are advised torest.
- Lifting heavy weight is best avoided during this time.
- Initial discomfort is observed.
- A supportive abdominal binder or compression garment can minimize swelling/bruising and support the repaired tissues.
- This compression garment is also instrumental in helping the skin in the treated area conform to its new shape.
- Patients are advised against the consumption of any form of nicotine for a month or longer.
To learnmore about tummy tuck procedures, the results expected, and the associated risks, log on to www.hourglasstummytuck.com.