What is the difference between the full tummy tuck and mini tummy tuck?
Scarring is often the price we pay for a plastic surgery that will enhance or improve the feature of the body or the overall appearance of the body. When it comes to the tummy tuck, the scar can be as long as from hip to hip when a complete tummy tuck is performed. Aside from this incision, another one in a circular shape is often needed to transposition the navel. Because the incision seems so long, many patients ask whether they could have a mini tummy tuck instead. In a vast majority of cases, the answer is no. Let’s have a look at the differences between the mini tummy tuck and the full tummy tuck.
– The mini tummy tuck addresses just the lower part of the abdomen.
When the mini tummy tuck is performed, the plastic surgeon won’t perform the transposition of navel. During this procedure, the plastic surgeon will detach the skin and fat tissue from the muscles and lift them up to the navel and then re-drape the skin tissue over the lower part of the abdomen and remove the excess skin. The procedure is only suitable for patients who have a minor level of sagginess on the tummy or no sagginess at all, but they are not good candidates for abdominal liposuction alone due to their skin tonus.
– The incision of the mini tummy tuck is much smaller than the incision of the complete tummy tuck. However, the length, size, and shape of the incision is not decided by the plastic surgeon or the patient and based on aesthetic preferences. It depends on the amount of skin and fat tissue to be removed. When the tissue to be removed is a considerable quantity, the incision will be longer.
– The mini tummy tuck can last up to an hour or an hour and a half; the complete tummy tuck can last up to four hours or more, depending on each case and if it is combined with other procedures such as liposuction.
– The complete tummy tuck is often performed with the patient under general anesthesia; the mini tummy tuck can be performed with local anesthesia and sedation as the procedure lasts less time.
– The recovery period after the complete tummy tuck is longer than after the mini tummy tuck. In most cases, patients can resume physical activities sooner after the mini tummy tuck procedure.
Keep in mind that the medical recommendation for the mini tummy tuck or the complete tummy tuck can be given only by the plastic surgeon and only after a proper medical assessment of the patient. Choosing to have a procedure that is not suitable for your needs can result in unsatisfactory results as well as the necessity to undergo additional plastic surgery procedures in the future.
HOURGLASS TV SCHEDULE
Make sure that you connect with us on the hourglass TV:
Monday: Bootyman 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
Tuesday: Wonder Breasts 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
Wednesday: Star Bodies 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
Thursday: Hourglass operating room and Shoddy 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
Friday: Superhourglass 6:00 P.M. CST on YouTube
LIVE BROADCAST SURGERIES ALL WEEK ALL DAY on:
Facebook live: Dr. Wilberto Cortes
Periscope: Dr. Wilberto Cortes (@drhourglass)
Snapchat: drhourglass (dr cortes)
To view Dr. Cortes’s impressive results, you can log on to his multiple websites:
You can contact his office by email at email@example.com. Phone #: 713-636-2729. Text message: 713-636-2729. Also, you can contact him through social media, including direct messaging through Instagram at dr_cortes, Facebook Messenger at Dr. Wilberto Cortes, and WhatsApp at 936-499-8075. To view Dr. Cortes’s impressive results, you can also follow him on the following social media sites.
To view Dr. Cortes’s impressive results, you can also follow him on the following social media sites:
Facebook – Dr. Wilberto Cortes
YouTube – Wilberto Cortes M.D.
YouTube – Wilberto Cortes
Snapchat – Dr. Cortes
Whats’ app – 936-499-8075
Linkedin – Wilberto Cortes
Google Plus- Dr. WilbertoCortesLive
Vimeo- Wilberto Cortes
Periscope- Dr. Wilberto Cortes – @drhourglass