Why Dr. Cortes Stands Out Among Other Tummy Tuck Surgeons
According to plastic surgery history, the first tummy tuck surgery was performed in 1890 in France. Nine years later, the first tummy tuck in America was performed. Fast forward to today, the body contouring procedure is now the fourth most frequently performed cosmetic surgery in the country. When looking for the perfect surgeon for your tummy tuck, you need look no further than Dr. Cortes.
Dr. Cortes’s Unique Tummy Tuck Approach
For Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Cortes, each tummy tuck procedure he performs is more than just removing excess abdominal skin and repairing weakened abdominal muscles. Before the procedure he carefully considers each patient’s cosmetic goals, lifestyle factors, and body type. The goal of his individualized tummy tuck plan is to achieve a firmer and flatter midsection that complements a patient’s existing body proportions.
There are several variations to tummy tuck surgical techniques, but the requirements to become a candidate for the procedure are the same. They include the following:
- You should be within 10 percent of your ideal body weight months before the procedure and should commit to maintain that weight post-surgery through a combination of diet and exercise.
- You should have significant amounts of excess abdominal skin.
- Midline separation of abdominal muscles should be obvious.
- You are in excellent physical health or your existing health issues/conditions should be under control.
- You have realistic expectations of the procedure.
Would you like to learn about your tummy tuck options with Dr. Cortes? We invite you get in touch with us for an initial consultation. Call us at 713.234.6244.